Thursday, May 8, 2008
Tastes Like Chicken
Little did I know back in the summer of 2000 that I had given birth to Elmer Fudd. My son seems to have really taken to life in the country. He shot a rabbit in our backyard with his BB gun while guarding the garden! Gerry cooked it up "French style" (heavy creme and cognac) and the two of them gobbled it up...especially Mitch! He was very proud of himself. I, on the other hand, tried to swallow a bite so as not to discourage him, but I really couldn't bring myself to actually chew it. With all you read these days about mechanized poultry and beef production, that little rabbit was probably the cleanest, safest meat to eat (especially since it had gotten fat from our organic garden!). Still and all...make mine a burger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment